Back in April, we did our last recap. The idea is to give you all an update on the posts we’ve done as many of them are about new things we’re trying out. Did we stick with them? Did we learn anything from the experiences? In this summer edition of the Pop! recap, we have one specific reader question and also wanted to give you with an update on where we are with our summer bucket lists!
Angela writes: “Now that you’ve tried so many workouts, are there any you’d make/have made a regular habit?”
B: Pure Barre and SoulCycle are the only two I’ve continued to do. I do yoga on YouTube, but it’s not Vinyasa Yoga.
T: I took a lot of Pure Barre classes after we tried it out and have loved it. I took a break though as I was driving to a studio that was too far. A new one has opened nearby though and I got a pre-opening special that I can’t wait to use to take all.the.barre.classes! I also went back to SoulCycle and would love to go regularly, but the location was too far away. (Are you seeing a theme?!) OrangeTheory is another one I’ve done again and would love to incorporate into a regular routine too…and one is opening right by me!
Summer bucket list update!
– Paddle boarding. Yes! We did that as our August Fitness First.
– Make 3 new ice cream flavors. I am two for three. I’ve made Watermelon Sorbet and Balsamic Strawberry. Still on deck is Mango Sorbet.
– Read a biography. Yes! I read Diane Keaton’s Let’s Just Say It Wasn’t Pretty and enjoyed it.
– Find a new hike that is family friendly. Yes! Yosemite, specifically Vernal Falls and Nevada Falls.
– Work on my calligraphy. Yes! This was especially important since we had our first ever giveaway which included the product of this work.
– Family vacation (all 5 of us!). Yes! We went to Yosemite, San Francisco and LA in 7 days. It was such a great trip and wonderful to make new memories.
– Run somewhere new. Yes! A and I ran across the Woodrow Wilson Bridge to the National Harbor. Not something I would do again but was something new!
– Grill at least once a week. Yes! Everything just seems to taste better on the grill.
– Figure out how to make summer juices/smoothies. Yes! I even shared what I learned a few weeks ago in this post on watermelon juices.
– See a movie. Yes! We watched Pain & Gain. Definitely not was I was expecting. I mean how is it a true story?!
– Dinner outside with the family. Yes! We’ve done this a couple times this summer.
– Lots of weekend pool trips. Does 3 count as lots? It rained a lot for the first half of the summer so we haven’t made it a lot!
– Trip to the beach (J’s first!). Yes! We went to Rehoboth Beach, DE with my in laws and it was so fun!
– Make lots of popsicles. Ehhhh….I haven’t made any since I posted about popsicles! Oops!
– Find the perfect summer cocktail. Who knew this would take so much time and effort? Still haven’t found it! Any suggestions??
– Paint my nails a bright, summery color. Yes! This is a summer MUST.
– Read a light “beach read” book. Yes! I read The Royal We and it was so good!
– Play outside with the girls in our backyard. Yes! I wish I did this more, but there’s still a little time left.
– Sidewalk chalk the driveway. Yes! We should do it again because we have a never-ending amount of sidewalk chalk!
– Breathe in a summer thunderstorm. Yes! As mentioned above, there has been so much rain this summer. I love a summer thunderstorm (when I don’t have to be outside!).