We are two days away from the new year and we cannot be more excited! We have such exciting things planned for 2016. But before we jump into the new year, we wanted to take a moment and think back on 2015. We started 2015 with the launch of this blog, and have grown so much throughout the year. We tried some things that we didn’t like. We tried other things that we loved. It was a year of trial and error. We are so thankful that you all came along for the ride and are hoping you continue with us throughout 2016 and beyond.
So, what were our favorites of the last year? Scroll below to find out! What were your favorite Pop! memories? Comment below and let us know!
Here’s to a great 2016!
Becca & Tiffany
Favorite posts that we wrote and that were favorites of the other person (which funny enough ended up being the same posts!):
- Becca: My Version of Wild, 0 Weeks Pregnant, Thoughts on Being a Step-Mom
- Tiffany: Business Travel for the Working Mom, Let’s Hear It for the Modern Dad, I’m a woman breadwinner.
What will you continue in 2016?
- Becca: Making mason jar salads every Sunday has quickly become part of my routine in 2015, and is definitely something I will continue with in 2016. I also plan to continue to read at least a book a month (thank you Pop! book club), and to create a capsule wardrobe for each season. The thought process behind the capsule wardrobe has truly changed how I shop and how I think about my wardrobe, and I am so thankful (as is my wallet)!
- Tiffany: There were several habits I plan to continue into 2016. I am obsessed with goal setting and planning ahead so I will continue with my Powersheets (just ordered the 1 year workbook!), setting intentions from Life with Intention, and the 5 Minute journal. I took a break from the 5 Minute journal for awhile as it got to be less thoughtful for me, but I plan to go back to it. In addition, I have continued to work on incorporating meditation as a habit and have brought countless mason jar salads into work.
Major lessons from 2015
- I have the courage to be vulnerable and share my story, for you never know who is listening and who may be inspired.
- For me, multi-tasking is a myth. I need to focus on one thing at a time in order to be fully present when in the midst of that one thing.
- Taking care of myself is at the top of my list each and every day, and to do that I need to prioritize exercise, healthy eating, and surrounding myself with positive individuals.
- I need to continue to find ways to give back as giving to others and being of service brings me such joy. Surprising others with cards is my favorite.
- I want to live a more simple and quiet life, which means I need to create moments of peace throughout the day, to say no, and to remove the clutter from both my mental and physical space.
- I love learning and trying new things. Trying new things gets easier the more you do it (and we did it alot this year!).
- I need to be who I am and true to what is right for me (and not anyone else). I can’t live my life based on who others want me to be.
- I am not stuck. I can get unstuck and I have the confidence to figure out how to do that.
- I am creative. Just because I hadn’t used much creativity for awhile, doesn’t mean it went away. I am using it now and loving all the possibilities.
- I can’t keep adding (habits, routines, things) to my life. In order to add, I have to take something else away. There is SO much I want to do, but I can’t do it all at once!
Happy New Year!