Are you a feminist? While most people would agree with the definition of feminism – the belief that men and women should have equal rights and opportunities, the connotations might bring up a different picture. We’re discussing whether we would call ourselves feminists, how educated we feel on the topic, and what feminism might look like in the future.
- What is the definition of feminism or being a feminist?
- Becca and Tiffany talk about two quizzes that define whether you’re a feminist.
- Is feminism empowering or outdated?
- Becca and Tiffany discuss whether men are unfairly blamed for women’s challenges.
- Is there a difference in what you should talk about with men vs. women at the office?
- What is the Bechtel test and how is it used in films and other works of fiction?
- Becca talks about discussing being a feminist with her family and their reactions.
- Becca and Tiffany talk about why people identify or talk about certain issues based on their backgrounds.
- Why is there a split in how different ages feel about feminism?
- Tiffany talks about why it would have more impact if men were involved.
- Becca discusses how she was introduced to feminism and how that affects how she feels about it now.
Buzzfeed quiz- How Much of Feminist Are You?
Washington Post quiz- What type of feminist (or anti-feminist) are you?
Pop #034: Slowing Down, Saying Yes and Enjoying Each Season of Our Life with Jena Baker McNeill
President Barack Obama Says, “This Is What a Feminist Looks Like”
TAKE IT OFFLINE
- Take one of the quizzes to see where you land on feminism.
- Let us know if you identify with the word or if you feel it is outdated.
Tell us about it in the comments below!
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes!
LISTEN TO THE SHOW