Today’s episode is another in our interview series giving you examples of real working women you can relate to and how they’ve been able to make things work.
In this episode, we’re talking to Brodie Welch who is a Chinese Medicine expert, Licensed Acupuncturist, herbalist, and self-care strategist. Brodie owns her own business and is also a stepmom. She shares with us how she ended up interested in Chinese medicine, why she’s a big believer in self compassion, and what acupuncture is all about. She also gives some tips for anyone who’d like to start a meditation practice or try out acupuncture.
- Brodie discusses her career journey and discovering Chinese medicine
- How to begin a meditation practice and what to do if that feels too stressful for you
- What is qi gong and why this ancient practice is making a come back
- How to not beat yourself up after screwing up by having self compassion, working with your breath, and recognizing that you’re human
- Why being a step mom changed how Brodie looked at self compassion
- How Brodie outsources and asks for help in order to run her business
- Brodie’s non-negotiables in taking care of herself
- What Yin and Yong mean and which one we are more focused on in today’s world
- Why it’s important to know what your limits are so you can say no
- What time of day is helpful to incorporate a new habit
- What acupuncture is and what it can be good for
- Why several seemingly separate symptoms may go back to one root cause
- Brodie talks Becca through her hangups with acupuncture
- Why you shouldn’t think about health as binary – disease or not, but rather imbalance vs. not.
Background on Brodie Welch
Brodie Welch I’m a Chinese Medicine expert, Licensed Acupuncturist, herbalist, self-care strategist. I love talking about women’s health, stress management, body-centered mindfulness (qi gong, yoga, meditation), and helping busy women slow down and take time for themselves. My show is A Healthy Curiosity: exploring what it takes to be well in a busy world. I look for experts as well as people who have figured something out about how to live in a conscious, joyful, healthy way.
Find her on Facebook.
Pop #014: Up Your Game with Power Poses
Kristen Neff’s site
Brodie’s HuffPost article – How to Not Beat Yourself Up After Screwing Up
Brodie’s podcast- A Healthy Curiosity
Brodie’s free meditation and qi gong exercises.
TAKE IT OFFLINE
- Try Brodie’s qi gong exercise or free meditation.
- Shift your mindset on self-care. It is not selfish. It’s essential to showing up in the world the way you want to.
- Try out acupuncture to see if it might help any health challenges you have.
Tell us about it in the comments below!
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes!
LISTEN TO THE SHOW