We’re talking to Bethany Kerley, production manager at CDR Fundraising Group, as part of our working women interview series. We chat about what the hardest part is of being a working mom, managing your schedule, and how to be prepared to buy a car by yourself. We’re also laughing about Bethany’s change of heart over driving a minivan!
- Big announcement: We will be shifting our name on March 13th to She Reaches!
- Why we’re shifting our branding and name to She Reaches
- Bethany’s career background and how she got to the position she’s in now
- What it’s like to work for non-profits
- The hardest part of being a working mom
- Setting up a schedule to balance the things you want to do
- What a typical evening looks like for Bethany
- Playing up holidays and traditions
- The ultimate strong woman move – buying a car by yourself
- Bethany’s tips on buying a car yourself if you want to do it too
- Why Bethany changed her mind on minivans
- Fitting in exercise into a busy schedule
- The books Bethany is currently reading
BACKGROUND ON BETHANY
Bethany Kerley is a production manager at CDR Fundraising Group, a direct marketing agency specializing in integrated fundraising and marketing for nonprofit organizations. During her 12-1/2 year tenure at CDR, Bethany has worked in production management, marketing and new business development. She managed a speakers’ bureau for Wounded Warrior Project, leading a team to book and promote speaking engagements for a group of wounded warriors sharing their stories to communities nationwide. Bethany currently works in CDR’s production department which incorporates buying print and mailing services to execute creative vision for raising funds and awareness for leading nonprofits. Her clients include Central Park Conservancy, FOUR PAWS and Shriners Hospitals for Children. Bethany‘s favorite thing is being with her family, her parents and sisters and the huge network otherwise known as her extended family. She and her husband, Todd live with their two children Jace, 4 and Maren 1-1/2 and call Severna Park, Maryland home.
Pop and Banter has a new name!
Pop #050: Following Your Path and Setting Boundaries with Sarah Zero
Wounded Warrior Project
The Best Advice I Ever Got by Katie Couric
The Magnolia Story by Chip and Joanna Gaines
TAKE IT OFFLINE
- Talk to your partner about priorities for your schedule if you have kids.
- Pick some holidays you might want to do something special for and put them on your calendar now!
- Use one of Bethany’s tips to research buying a new car.
Tell us about it in the comments below!
Don’t forget to leave us a review on iTunes!
LISTEN TO THE SHOW